Saturday, February 21, 2009

Reflections of Christ...


About a year ago a friend sent me a link to this absolutely fabulous slide show called Reflections of Christ by Mark Mabry. Every year the Mesa Temple has an Easter Pageant and they recreate the Savior's life and resurrection. He obtained permission to photograph the performers in full costume depicting these events. I fell in love with it immediately...the pictures, the music, the feelings it stirred inside of me. What I loved most was that these were actual pictures and not drawings. There are a ton of wonderful drawing renditions of the Savior, but never had I seen photos, and I loved how they reflected a living Christ...because He is living and I love knowing that and being able to feel that love in my life day in and day out! I am so grateful for his sacrifice and death, but even more appreciative of His life and that He was resurrected and continues to live. Life is such a precious and beautiful thing! I don't often show my "spiritual" side except at church when I am teaching, but I couldn't help but share this. I hope that you enjoy it as much as I have and do...

No comments: