Wednesday, October 22, 2008

2179

So last Wednesday I finally got my application in for nursing school! I was so excited and then very depressed. 2179 was where the wait list was at when I turned in my application. They just did placements for Spring '09 which dropped the wait list to a whopping 1793! Are you kidding me. Only 386 students made placement into block 1. I haven't gotten to the really depressing part. Even though I turned my application in...I won't get entered into the system until November 30th! And it gets a "random" date/time stamp...I guess as long as someone who turned their application in after me doesn't "randomly" get selected before me, I'm ok, not that I would know. But does anyone else find this system extremely messed up and inefficient?

I also know that I should be all warm and fuzzy inside, I mean I have FINALLY made it to this point...it is just so bitter sweet!

1 comment:

Jessica said...

Congrats on getting on the list!!! This isn't going to be the first time you say "does anyone else find this system extremely messed up and inefficient". It's a pretty frustrating process. Even when you are finished with school and start your job at a hospital you will find yourself saying that statement again. Don't get me wrong, it's the greatest profession, but lots of bumps. My dad starts nursing school in Jan. He waited his 2 years after he didn't get into the fast track program. He knows ALL about messed up and inefficient. But you are on your way!!!!!